Tuesday, October 13, 2009

TWD - Allspice Crumb Muffins


















With all due respect, this post may be rather irritating.

I know it's tough to believe that the photogenic little flying-saucer-of-a-muffin smiling coquettishly at you may be evil. But according to nutritiondata.com, she's packin' a good 12 Weight Watcher points. It's a nightmare!

I personally found this week's Tuesday's with Dorie recipe to be fairly unique. At this moment in time, muffins have become another food item Americans shouldn't of stuffed with too many ingredients. Dorie's allspice crumb muffins, however, are pleasantly pure and wonderful, with a moist cake center and a delicate, crunchy topping. Mmmm! I can't imagine why one of my fellow bakers described these as "too buttery." Whatever.

Are you annoyed yet? You should be. Absolutely.

A big baking thank you to Kayte of Grandma's kitchen table for choosing such a great recipe! Check out her website for all of the details, and adorable pics of Homecoming 2009. Teenage romance - it is what it is.

Muffin making isn't rocket science. In fact, you could make this recipe 24/7, if you got up early enough. I made the topping the night before so I could send my husband to work with hot muffins for his co-workers. He didn't wait. Whatever. At the end of the day, it's all good.

A shout out to Oxford University's list of the most annoying phrases for making allspice muffins a lot more fun. I've added a few of my own favorites, too. My apologies, Mr. Safire.

2 comments:

  1. Happy to hear you liked the muffins and the Homecoming photos...LOL. Sorry about that, my blog started out as NOT a food blog and has sort of become a jumble of whatever. Your muffins look spectacular with that ridge all the way around (my favorite part, of course, just breaking off pieces of those ridges and letting them melt in my mouth...sinful, going straight to hell with these). Thanks for baking with me this week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Keep baking Mac! You owe me the brownies and soon enough you'll owe me a muffin from the second batch. :) The more I see the muffin, the more I crave it!!

    ReplyDelete