Tuesday, March 30, 2010

TWD Rewind: Trio of Cookies





Ok, I admit it. I'm a slacker. What kind of self-respecting Dorie baker logs three recipes in one entry? And it's not even a Tuesday.






Mike of Ugly Dude Food chose these Thumbprints for Us Big Guys. He has the honor of posting the recipe, so check it out on his site.

This is the best new cookie recipe I have tried in years, and thumbprints shall be a part of my holiday cookie sampler this year, for sure. I filled mine with Robert Rothschild Farm apricot spread and strawberry and Grand Marnier preserves. The hazelnuts pair perfectly with the apricots, so go for it the next time you are at Wegman's. The full Rothschild line of products can be found there.







The next cookie began with a trip to the local Asian grocery store for the sweetened condensed milk preferred by David Lebovitz.

(Cue the music appropriate for the entrance of a God.)




Super-easy instructions for making dulce de leche can be found on his website here.




Jodie of Beasy Loves Cake selected these lovely Dulce de Leche Duos. This is the first recipe I made with my new kitchen scale from King Arthur Flour.

My Favorite Taster, Gina, remarked, "Ohhhh, they're sandwich cookies?!"


In a nod to the magical pairing of caramel and salt, I tripled the salt in this recipe. I didn't think they would be a preferred cookie - but WOW!






And finally ----




Michelle of Flourchild - one of my favorite Dorie bloggers - chose Dorie's Honey-Wheat Cookies.

I thought these were just ok, but I used Meyer lemon for the first time and subsequently learned that I should have adjusted the sugar a bit.

By the time I took the photo, this is what I had to work with, so I think the gang at Moore Brothers enjoyed 'em.

No comments:

Post a Comment